How are you doing? How are you handling the mis-named “social distancing”? We are going a bit stir-crazy. I am probably more used to the isolation and not being able to go anywhere from when I worked offshore in the oil and gas industry. This is a lot nicer than sitting on a floating rig that you have to fly for one to two hours in a helicopter to reach.
Feel free to reach out if you need to talk to someone. It actually helps with the isolation.
Now, on to the content…
Due to the statewide Stay at Home order here in Louisiana, our local REIA are not able to get together for our monthly meeting. So, I’ve decided to move it online, replacing it with a livestream. Since it covered topics that I think are relevant to a larger audience, I’ve decided to share it with this community, too.
In this video, Tim Blanchard, of Allegiance Home Lending, discusses how mortgage rates work, what the impact is from the Q1 2020 FED Interest Rates on mortgages and regular loans, and gives advice on utilizing SBA Coronavirus relief options.
Things you will learn in this video:
- What affects mortgage rates.
- What mortgage rates are based on.
- What drives a change in mortgage rates.
- How Lenders’ Credit Score Criteria have changed in this environment.
- SBA Coronavirus relief opportunities for businesses.
- SBA Streamlined Application Process
- SBA Economic Disaster Relief Loan
- Covers Lost Rent
Resources mentioned in this video:
- National Real Estate Insurance Group (affiliate link)
- How The coronavirus Broke Mortgages
- “The E-Myth Revisited” by Michael Gerber (Book recommendation from Clint)
- “The New One Minute Manager” by Ken Blanchard & Spencer Johnson (Book recommendation from Tim)
You can contact Tim Blanchard at the following:
Tim J. Blanchard
Allegiance Home Lending, LLC
430 Corporate Dr Suite C
Houma, LA 70360
He’d love to connect with you.
If you like this type of content, let me know by leaving a comment.
And, as always, let me know what you think in the comments.
Ask questions, tell your story. If you like my posts, please share them with others and subscribe to this blog.